About Me

My photo
41, (how the fuck did that happen?) Married to Bart two dogs Kira and Cooper (white German Shepard's) two brothers one sister 1 niece 2 nephews. Live in Milton Keynes.

Friday 15 August 2008

Good news for Gorillas




Bart and I were talking to our new house guest the other night (my brother John), and the subject of gorillas came up for some reason. Bart said something about how few are left.

That reminded me of a story that I had seen about the discovery of two new populations of lowland gorillas in the Congo that has significantly boosted the numbers. So here is a link to that story.

What great news for a change, it's so refreshing to see a good news story about the natural world rather than the usual doom and gloom. It's hard to imagine 120 thousand gorillas just hiding out. What else do you think we may have missed?

No comments: