About Me

My photo
41, (how the fuck did that happen?) Married to Bart two dogs Kira and Cooper (white German Shepard's) two brothers one sister 1 niece 2 nephews. Live in Milton Keynes.

Wednesday 6 August 2008

Another weekend away


So we spent this last weekend in Weymouth on the south coast. We had a good time once we had managed to get through the holiday traffic with our packed caravan, it took us 6 hours to travel 150 miles (nightmare). It was worth it I have never been to this part of the south coast before and I was pleasantly surprised at just how picturesque it was. My photos may not reflect this to its fullest.

The camp site (East Fleet Farm Park) was clean, friendly, well run and right on the beach - I highly recommend it.

Weymouth itself was also a nice surprise. There wasn't too much of the tacky seaside tat and the curving seafront definitely has an old school charm. The beach is soft sand and very clean and the shallow bay makes it great for kids you can walk out quite some distance and only get up to your knees (see me, the small figure in the distance.)


The dogs loved it too with their own part of the beach all to themselves and their new canine holiday friends (very civilised).

Here are some pictures of the dogs on the beach and then chilling out back in the caravan.



2 comments:

Fiona said...

Ooo, I want to join you on the next visit. By then, Iain can frolic in the water with the doggies.

bugboys69 said...

F, The invite is well and truly open. I can't wait to meet Ian in the flesh rather than through his Mum's fabulously entertaining blog.