About Me

My photo
41, (how the fuck did that happen?) Married to Bart two dogs Kira and Cooper (white German Shepard's) two brothers one sister 1 niece 2 nephews. Live in Milton Keynes.

Saturday 26 July 2008

Russell Brand to host MTV Awards

This may be a bit soon, but what did I tell you. It's a Brand thing, I'm glad that the US public will get to see Russell doing what I think he does best, live TV. I for one can't wait I just hope that US prime time audience is ready for his oh so close to the bone humor. Program your TiVo people.







Russell Brand
Brand previously hosted MTV Select in the UK

British comedian Russell Brand is to host this year's MTV Video Music Awards (VMA) in Los Angeles.

The 33-year-old is still relatively unknown in the US, where the ceremony will be held on 7 September.

Brand recently co-starred in the comedy Forgetting Sarah Marshall and is currently filming the Adam Sandler comedy Bedtime Stories.

Previous VMA hosts include actor Jack Black, Sean "Diddy" Combs, Chris Rock, Jimmy Fallon and Jamie Foxx.

Teenage pop trio The Jonas Brothers will play at the event, while other performers and presenters will be announced at a later date.

'Televised insanity'

Brand said it would be "good to preside over what is sure to be only vaguely co-ordinated televised insanity".

He went on: "That's how I've made my name in this country: flying very much by the seat - and the crotch - of my pants."

Brand is a former MTV host in the UK and has presented numerous TV shows and events, as well as a regular programme on BBC Radio 2.

He has also performed sell-out comedy gigs and wrote a best-selling memoir, My Booky Wook, which was published last year.

Last year he made his feature film debut as Flash Harry in St Trinian's, opposite Colin Firth, Rupert Everett and Emily Watson.



Thanks to BBC entertainment news.

No comments: