About Me

My photo
41, (how the fuck did that happen?) Married to Bart two dogs Kira and Cooper (white German Shepard's) two brothers one sister 1 niece 2 nephews. Live in Milton Keynes.

Sunday 13 July 2008

Gay in the UK


I have recently seen two news stories that have made me re-think how lucky I am to be Gay in the UK. I can honestly say that I have never been the victim of homophobia here. I came out to my friends and family back in 1993 and was lucky to have always had positive - if sometimes a little shocked - reactions.

I put that down to having great friends and family (I do), but maybe there is a little more to it than that. Below are the two news stories. One from the UK and one from Italy. It clearly shows that there are still places in western Europe where it is still difficult to be openly gay. The story from the UK, in which the local authority is preserving public park space for gay men to have sexual rendezvous shows that people will fall over themselves (to a fault?) to make sure that you are not discriminated against in any way. The story from Italy shows just the opposite. Please let me know what you think.

Here is the UK story

Here is the story from Italy

No comments: