About Me

My photo
41, (how the fuck did that happen?) Married to Bart two dogs Kira and Cooper (white German Shepard's) two brothers one sister 1 niece 2 nephews. Live in Milton Keynes.

Wednesday 23 July 2008

Monkey magic


I am linking once again to a BBC story today titled What was Monkey Magic all about.

I was first introduced to the story of 'Monkey' in his television series, but it began as a Chinese novel from the 16th Century. The story above explains the characters and story (and cultural impact) much better than I can. All I wanted to say was that I loved Monkey and, yes, that probably does mean that I am one of those late 30-somethings that remember Monkey with great affection. The stories were exciting and action packed but at the same time there was an intelligence and morality to each episode. I loved that about BBC2 even when I was 10. In the same slot on different nights I also enjoyed Harold Lloyd and a variety of natural history documentaries.


I have become excited about Monkey again because of the attention that Monkey Into the West, an opera by Blur and Gorillaz creator Damon Albarn along with graphic artist Jamie Hewlett who designed the stage sets and costumes.

Jamie's artwork is also to be made prominent in the UK due to his creation of the animated characters for the BBC's TV coverage of the Olympic games. You won't be able to move this summer without seeing Monkey in some form somewhere.

So what better time to encourage you all to please, please go online and order the DVD's and have a kicking kung fu party.

No comments: