About Me

My photo
41, (how the fuck did that happen?) Married to Bart two dogs Kira and Cooper (white German Shepard's) two brothers one sister 1 niece 2 nephews. Live in Milton Keynes.

Wednesday 1 April 2009

Best singles of the past 60 years


I was just saying to Bart the other night that I missed the KLF. The White Room is just a brilliant album. Many will not believe me but they have not given it a chance.

This was taken from MSN best singles of the past 60 years. The KLF get the best single of 1990.

"Every year that passes without the KLF we appreciate them more. Their signature song was ,What Time Is Love? KLF have released versions of this track throughout (and after) their career. This one took the instrumental “pure trance” original and added hooks which made it into a global hit. To most people who bought (or hated) the single, they were simply a chart dance act making pop floor-fillers. They gradually turned out to be so much more - as much a pop art joke as a band. We miss them."





Here are a couple of videos that I hope will encourage you to go out and buy the back catalogue. They are so much more than just a pop act. I don't remember seeing Girls Aloud burning a million pounds of their own money for the sake of art, however dubious that was.



They symbolise the best of the 90's to me: liberal, crusty old ravers with a conscience and possibly a bit mental . Now that is a band I can respect, and they rock. "Mu Mu!"


No comments: