About Me

My photo
41, (how the fuck did that happen?) Married to Bart two dogs Kira and Cooper (white German Shepard's) two brothers one sister 1 niece 2 nephews. Live in Milton Keynes.

Friday 27 March 2009

Blast from the past.

This is one of those songs that helped form the person before you. I had this on 7" and must have almost worn it through. I loved it. I think my brother Mick still has it - he inherited my 7" collection while I was living in the USA.

I hung around with a diverse crowd, some were safe and trustworthy and others were the exact opposite of that. This reminds me more of the bad crowd (not bad people when you are their friend).

It brings back a strong memory of me driving (passenger) to South End in a car thats ownership was dubious. With this tune playing on the ancient tape player and all of us singing back in bellowing unison. Drinking that night in a rough pub in Basildon, I was just a fresh faced 15 year old. Escaping the popo, after being stopped. Having to blag my way home through the home counties with no money and my mum and dad thinking I was on a camping trip. So I couldn't call for help. I had to learn how to cope under pressure, when I decided that it was just getting a little too real and bailed.

This is why I love music so much. What else can spark your brain into a whirlwind of recollection and reminiscence?

I had a look for this when I first started this blog but couldn't find it at the time. Thank you YouTube. I have added the Cockney translation for good measure, correct at the time of printing 1985. I am that old.




No comments: