About Me

My photo
41, (how the fuck did that happen?) Married to Bart two dogs Kira and Cooper (white German Shepard's) two brothers one sister 1 niece 2 nephews. Live in Milton Keynes.

Tuesday 16 September 2008

Brean Sands


We are now back to our normal routine after our last beach holiday of the year. We spent a relaxing but wet week in our caravan at Brean sands in Somerset.

The last time I holidayed in Brean I looked like this and it was 1990 -91 I think.



The resort had changed beyond all recognition I only realized that it was the same place when I had a conversation with a beach patrol guy who confirmed that this was the same beach that my brothers Mick and John had driven my VW camper on all those years ago. The entrance is now in a new place and the huge holiday park opposite was relatively new and the field that we camped on in the 90's was (probably) the same one that we where on last week.

On the first day I got up at 6am after an all-night rainstorm to find a couple of hundred pounds of water gathered in the roof of the awning. I was amazed that it was still standing. I didn't have the foresight to take a picture. The week continued in the same vein. We did have some good days and we did get some good shots of the dogs and the beach and the menacing skies.

See if you can spot the promised kite surfer. Click to enlarge. Enjoy.










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun! Those are some happy dogs. Too bad you couldn't get a photograph of the amount of sand they brought in with their fur. I'm guessing it was about 2 tons. You know, approximately.

bugboys69 said...

The one good thing about the rain was that they had hardly any sand on them at all. We lucked out big time.

Under normal conditions I would say your estimate would be bang on.