About Me

My photo
41, (how the fuck did that happen?) Married to Bart two dogs Kira and Cooper (white German Shepard's) two brothers one sister 1 niece 2 nephews. Live in Milton Keynes.

Monday 10 March 2008

The power of nature

As you may have noticed the UK has been battered today by a combination of high winds and tides. There are a lot of people flooded and in bad shape. I feel bad for all of them.

However, the bad weather conditions helped create an amazing piece of video footage. Imagine coming in to land and just as you get close to the ground a gust of wind picks up the plane and you just hang in mid air like a Fisher Price toy. Next time I fly, I would like that driver please.

Click here to view.

Made me glad that we flew a couple of weeks ago and not today.

1 comment:

Bart said...

A couple of the landings on our recent trip felt like that.

I always remember a particularly harsh landing in Washington many years ago. It felt like the plane had been held by an invisible hand directly above the runway and then dropped directly down with a crash. The guy sitting next to me leaned over and muttered, 'must be an old aircraft carrier pilot.'