About Me

My photo
41, (how the fuck did that happen?) Married to Bart two dogs Kira and Cooper (white German Shepard's) two brothers one sister 1 niece 2 nephews. Live in Milton Keynes.

Sunday 9 March 2008

Banksy



OK here goes my first post.

I saw this on YouTube yesterday and fell instantly in love. I have been into Hip Hop and Electro since I was about 10 years old and no other music was allowed into my life with the exception of a little Reggae (more on this later). So I should know a lot more about Banksy. I have of course heard the name from news reports, etc, but never really took much notice.

Shame on me. I have taken the time since yesterday to have a better look at some of the gorilla art that this guy has produced all around the world and I am impressed. Some of the optical illusions are great. I think that his style speaks for itself. The bold stencil work is my favorite but I really like the Monet shopping trolleys. I know I am a little late but I am now at the party and loving it.

Have a look at these three YouTube posts I know three is a bit much but each of these grabbed me in a different way so I thought I would share. I'm sure you will agree. This man has great style and a truly cutting wit that helps the point immensely. I hope you like it as much as I do. I had no idea that I was an art lover.







2 comments:

Bart said...

I like Banksy a lot. He's very subversive and is as thought-provoking as any contemporary artist I can think of.

There's just something uber-cool about his work, I think.

bugboys69 said...

I agree. You can see why people are tempted to rip of walls to keep the art that appears on the sides of their houses.