About Me

My photo
41, (how the fuck did that happen?) Married to Bart two dogs Kira and Cooper (white German Shepard's) two brothers one sister 1 niece 2 nephews. Live in Milton Keynes.

Tuesday 11 March 2008

Flying: the next big thing


I cant tell you how much fun this is. Power kiting was introduced to me the summer before last by my ever so Xtreem brother Mick, thanks Mick. I tried it a couple of times in the playing field at the back of our house using Mick's kite.

It took about 10 seconds before I had decided that I couldn't live without one. Mick has a Flexifoil 4.5 m Bullet. I figured that this was a little to much for me so after a little deliberation I plumped for the smaller model, a 3.5 m Flexifoil Bullet it still gets great air and pull. Then I just had to find one. We are poor so going out on a whim and spending £250 on what is essentially a kid's toy was out of the question.

So to Ebay, I got some money for my birthday and I was off. I eventually got a great deal that included 3.5 m Bullet, harness, control bar, lines, gloves and a helmet. I originally offered the guy £125, he said no and I had to wait till the end of the auction, at which point he had to take my bid of £115. His loss he he. The rest of the summer was spent climbing over the garden fence avoiding the archers in the corner. Really they chased us one weekend threatening to shoot at us. I guess they thought this was a way to ensure the field was all their own. No chance, too much fun to be had.


Not me

I think Bart gets a little bewildered by the amount of 'next big things' I have VW vans, snowboarding, long boarding, petrol powered skateboarding and now power kiting. He has to put up with them all without complaint. So here I would like to say thanks to my ever understanding husband. I promise the next big thing is at least six months away.

So you can look forward to some pictures later in the spring - broken limbs permitting.

3 comments:

Bart said...

Just so you don't break your neck, although it does look like fun. Maybe one day you'll get me on one of those things, getting flung into the air...

:¬)

Fiona said...

OMG that looks like fun.

Not for me, as I can break a leg just shopping, but if one were graceful and coordinated (Mick, Tony, Charles, etc.)...

How about this: Bart and I will sip cocktails and talk politics while you kids fly around the field. Fun?

bugboys69 said...

Fiona that is a date. We can get a junior one to.