About Me

My photo
41, (how the fuck did that happen?) Married to Bart two dogs Kira and Cooper (white German Shepard's) two brothers one sister 1 niece 2 nephews. Live in Milton Keynes.

Sunday 9 March 2008

Dream machine



So anyone that knows me knows that I have a dream. Not a grand political dream - just a simple private dream of a man and his dream machine. You may think you know what the dream is all about and most of you do, but I think some pictures will help you understand the thing of beauty that I covet most of all. It is a 1971 VW Westy camper (US spec). In my opinion it was the best model made. All the beauty of the earlier models but with some modern (1971) additions to make driving and living with the beast more comfortable. An upgraded engine with even more horse power along with disk breaks in the front and, best of all, the small light cluster in the back that gives the van the look that stirs something in me that no grown man should admit to. So my perfect van would look something like this. I will talk more about this at a later date with some pictures of the individual parts of the van that I love and why they make me feel the way they do.

I do think that the pictures speak for themselves.



4 comments:

Bart said...

If I were a rich man, I'd buy you one today, babe. You've converted me anyway. I like the look of them now, and I think it would be fun to set off on a campervan holiday with the dogs.

David Holden said...

Tony you would have made a great hippie in the 60's with your love for VW vans.

bugboys69 said...

Thanks Bart you just need to figure out how we make it happen. I am at a dead end now.

Hi Dave

I will post some pictures if I can find them. I used to have one and I had the long hair to prove it.

Thanks for checking in.

Bart said...

Hmmm....where's that secret stash of gold and jewels I had hidden around here...somewhere...

;¬)