About Me

My photo
41, (how the fuck did that happen?) Married to Bart two dogs Kira and Cooper (white German Shepard's) two brothers one sister 1 niece 2 nephews. Live in Milton Keynes.

Wednesday 9 September 2009

Congratulations to this years Mercury Music Prize winner

I usually go out each year and buy all of the Mercury short listed albums. This practise has broadened my Itunes library no end, alas the credit crunch is crunching in my house this year so I will only be buying one and it will be this, Speach Therapy by Speech Debelle this years out of nowhere winner.

I have to say I am looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about.

I copied this story from the BBC news page just in case you live on Mars.


Speech Debelle: I knew I would win Mercury

Speech Debelle won the Mercury Music Prize for her album Speech Therapy
By Ian Youngs Music reporter, BBC News, Mercury Prize
With the coveted Mercury Music Prize in her pocket, London rapper Speech Debelle has become the hottest new star in British music.
Her win will be a surprise to many music fans, who may not have heard the name Speech Debelle before - but it was no surprise to the 26-year-old south Londoner herself.
Speaking the day before the ceremony, she had little doubt about her fate. "I'm confident I'm going to win," she said, before setting her sights on five Grammy Awards in the US.
When her name came out of the envelope on Tuesday night, all those sitting with her on her table erupted with ecstatic hugs, making her corner of the room look more like a rugby scrum than award ceremony.
But Speech was playing it cool.
In the press conference afterwards, she was asked whether she had expected to win. "Yeah," was the blunt reply.

The rest of the story here.

No comments: