About Me

My photo
41, (how the fuck did that happen?) Married to Bart two dogs Kira and Cooper (white German Shepard's) two brothers one sister 1 niece 2 nephews. Live in Milton Keynes.

Tuesday 16 June 2009

First an explanation.

You won't see Bart in any of the following photos.

Bart had a charity Korfball tournament on Thursday night, the games kicked off at around 6.30. I settled in at home with fish and chips for dinner. I was due to go over to cheer him on at around 7.30. But I got a call on my mobile at 7.15 it was Bart:

T: Hi.
B: Hi, I need you to come and get me.
T: Why?
B: I need to go to the hospital.

I dropped the phone and drove off like Batman out of his cave (I will let Bart explain in his blog what happened before and after that call). All I will say is that we left A&E at around 12.00am. No break but a very bad ankle sprain and a new set of crutches.

Bart made the decision that he would let my brother Mick have his ticket to the Isle Of Wight festival (we needed to leave in around seven hours and we hadn't even packed our bags). Bart didn't think that he would be able to cope with all the walking through excited drunken festival crowds. I know this was a hard decision for him to make but it was made.

So, no Bart in the following IOW posts I am sorry to say. I missed him each time something memorable happened and it happened a lot. So I am sorry that you missed out, babe, but you told me to have a great time, so I did. Thank you!!

PS there is always Bestival at the end of the summer.

2 comments:

Fiona said...

That sucks! I'm so sorry. And to think I held off emailing him all weekend because I thought you'd both be gone.

Just so you know, I'm in love with that Bob the Builder video. We play it for Iain daily.

bugboys69 said...

Sucks BIG time!!

I'm glad you are enjoying the video.

Have a safe trip, see you in the morning xxx!