About Me

My photo
41, (how the fuck did that happen?) Married to Bart two dogs Kira and Cooper (white German Shepard's) two brothers one sister 1 niece 2 nephews. Live in Milton Keynes.

Saturday 10 April 2010

Spring GTI Festival

So I have been offline for a while, storm has been taking up quite a lot of my time. If not tinkering then I have just been driving him around for pleasure.

In the time I have been away I have joined an VW owners club, hi to the guys and girls at Dublow. I have also finished off the all new ICE upgrade. I have had the entire van re-wired as the old wiring was shocking.

Bart and I have been shopping and we are now fully prepared for a season of camping and festival fun. We have a large awning with sleeping quarters for two, a kitchen unit with gas hob and grill and all the things we need to be comfy and warm while enjoying the great outdoors.

I have been getting a lot of very positive feedback on the way Storm is coming along so I have taken the plunge and I will be showing him at tomorrows Spring GTI Festival again along with the guys from Dublow at Santa Pod. Fingers crossed that I don't get laughed out of the arena.

Here are a couple of pictures of the upgrades.




Brand new custom box for the Black death 6x9's


6.5 space 3 way components for the front doors. These are top of the line and sound amazing. Shame you can't see the speaker and crossover behind the door card.


This is the back of the SPL black air active 2 x 12 enclosure. 3200 watts of pure bass. The Wire Wizard did a great job with the install.

Black death 6 x 9 in the custom box, these are about the best shelf speakers out there.

Black box 1200 watt amp this runs the door speakers and the black deaths. The 2 x 12's have there own built in amp.

All I need now is a new head unit, apparently the one that is fitted just isn't getting the best out of the set-up. I think I will have to wait for Bart to clam down after seeing how much this little lot cost me. (I have a new Pioneer top of the line unit on order please don't tell the mister)

I will post some pictures of tomorrows show when I get the chance.

2 comments:

Bart said...

Hello? I'm in the room...

I don't want to know how much it all cost, anyway, it will only make me cry.

bugboys69 said...

The nice man from Pioneer gave it to me for free. He even installed it for me. Don't cry baby it's all good.