About Me

My photo
41, (how the fuck did that happen?) Married to Bart two dogs Kira and Cooper (white German Shepard's) two brothers one sister 1 niece 2 nephews. Live in Milton Keynes.

Monday 18 January 2010

Storm goes for a deeper louder voice

Tomorrow Storm is off to spend the morning with a fellow VW enthusiast. While there I am hoping that he will have a total ICE makeover. The head unit is staying (for now) but everything else has to go.

I have an expensive component system that I had fitted in my last none company car. Admittedly is is a bit aged at 6 years old but it didn't half sound good and it was only used for a year before it was packed away. I have missed it ever since.

1k amp that drives a pair of front 6" JBL GT series speakers with separate tweeters that fit discreetly in the corners of the dash. Mids are a pair of JBL GT series 9" speakers with silver cones and in the back a bespoke bass box with a pair 12" Prowler 600w speakers. This all adds up to a deep, rich and beautiful sound at normal volumes and it stays even and clear when you pump it up.

I just hope that 5 years in the loft hasn't left them all useless. They look a little like this but mine are all silver and shiny. You won't see them though as I am having them stealth fitted so that you can't see what you hear.




I have a spare Sony face off CD head unit and a 12 disk changer if anyone wont's it.

2 comments:

Fiona said...

OK, that's all incomprehensible to me but I gather that when Iain and Charles and I go camping with you guys we can play the thump-thump *real loud*.

So that's good.

bugboys69 said...

I should have just said that the thump thump wasn't up to scratch, but I had a solution.

luvya xx