About Me

My photo
41, (how the fuck did that happen?) Married to Bart two dogs Kira and Cooper (white German Shepard's) two brothers one sister 1 niece 2 nephews. Live in Milton Keynes.

Tuesday 21 October 2008

So how did my car die

Let me bore you with the crash details. There is a quote from the nice lady that hit me that made some of the girls at work laugh, you just have to read on for me to reveal it.

I left work early on Friday and went to get myself supplied with beer for the weekend. That is where things started to go down hill. I got to the counter with my beer and waited for my Switch card to be accepted, you know when it just takes too long and the threat of denial looms over you, and you can feel the queue behind you hushing to hear for the bad news. Well it was like that, eventually the girl said, 'the connection is down I think your card is fine,' sighs of relief from me and groans of disappointment from the queue. So being a solutions kind of guy I went over to the cash machine and made a withdrawal to payed for my precious.



Pleased with myself off I set for home and my comfy chair and an ice cold beer. I got to the junction where I turn right and had to stop to wait for the oncoming traffic to pass. I had my break lights on and I was indicating correctly. Suddenly I see a blue flash in my rear view mirror and think to myself this is going to hurt and - bang. A witness who helpfully stopped estimated her speed at 60 mph. There were no skid marks, so she didn't even break. There was quite a big jolt and I came to rest on the same side of the road thankfully. I did a quick check and all my bits seemed to be functioning so I pulled the car up on to the grass verge and got out to see who had hit me and to see if they were OK. She was a small blond, around 30, and was initially sure that the whole thing was my fault. Our witness put a sharp end to that, and she soon admitted that she didn't even see me in the road until she was millimeters from my bumper.



We sat around at the road side for a while as insurance details were swapped; all this done I walked home to fetch Bart as I didn't have my phone on me. When we returned to the car the nice lady was still there waiting for the AA to pick up her car and take her home. As I approached her from the car she started to cry. Obviously, the kind hearted people person that I am, I went to comfort her (remember this was all her fault). As I got close enough for her to whisper she said, "I have just had a boob job and they don't feel right" she was holding her chest as she spoke. I was a little unsure as to how I should respond to this so I just said I'm sure they will be fine and patted her on the shoulder. I was tempted but I thought better of it.

So I have asked around at work and no one so far has been able to beat this as a post crash quote. I'm fine by the way, but the car is dead.

4 comments:

Fiona said...

Oh, honey I'm so sorry. I had a rotten day so I just saw this.

Charles and I offer our condolences on the car but our delighted relief that you're ok.

As for the lady...um...not sure about that.

bugboys69 said...

Thanks Fiona.

It's not to bad I am well insured and she has admitted liability. So I am covered. We both walked away so you can't ask for much more than that.

I hope you have a better day today.

Fiona said...

Better so far, but get this: I can't talk. Me. No talking. Ha! That's a cosmic joke if I ever saw one.

Gotta go read your chicken joke, though.

I hope Bart smothered you with lurv after the accident (and, well, always).

Bart said...

Oh, I smothered him, alright.

WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY CAR?!?!


(Just kidding)