About Me

My photo
41, (how the fuck did that happen?) Married to Bart two dogs Kira and Cooper (white German Shepard's) two brothers one sister 1 niece 2 nephews. Live in Milton Keynes.

Sunday 20 April 2008

Beardyman



I went to see Beardyman play on Friday night at Revolutions with some friends from work. I think I was the only one of us that had heard of him before. I had seen him featured in this is a knife podcast 14,12,06.

It was a bit of a long night he didn't come on till about 11.30 but there was some good old 80s hip hop to keep me going, remember I am getting on a bit now late nights are not my thing anymore. So anyway quite a few beers had gone down before things started to get going.

He is really good not quite what I was expecting from my hip hop days. He does a lot of stuff that sounds more dance than hip hop but it was impressive. I had to go up to the DJ area to have a look and clarify that this sound filling the bar was coming from this small human and not CD player. He was good at getting the crowd going to with the usual "come on Milton Keynes" or whatever town I am in tonight stuff.

I would recommend looking through your local listings to see if he is playing near you. It is worth it. A good night was had by all. I have to thank Sarah for getting me home safely. At my age you can't be to careful especially when very drunk.

And there is a website Beardyman





2 comments:

Bart said...

So how come I wasn't invited?

;¬)


He does look pretty fun, but I wonder how long he'd be able to hold the audience's attention?

David Holden said...

Beardyman reminds me of santa.